Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
d. South of France
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
c. Magnolia Crescent
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbrdige is doing her inspection?
d. The Vanishing Spell
Answer: DOBBY (five letters)
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
Answer: 16 (Number)
Monday, June 16, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
Well back to the grindstone.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
a. Mr. Tibbles
a. Angelina Johnson
b. A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago
c. Golden cherubs and pink confetti
a. 38 and number 2 Laburnum Gardens Clapham
Monday, May 26, 2008
Last night in the pit. WOW! what can be said but WOW! The first planning party of the new rulers of Quidditch set place, but somewhere at sometime something happened. Lavendar Diggory showed up and announced she eloped. OH MY YARNESS! Everyone pulled out their stash and there started the party.
Rounds of butterbeer and fire whiskey had no sign of stopping when I had to floo it home for the girls.
On that note, as an aside, Lavender, remind me to show you how to request a floo extension for your new room with the fire in our grate. The paperwork is a bit tricky, but knowing which office to file it with and who to talk to will cut down on the time it will take to get installed. The Ministry can be incredibly slow when you are trying to be a student and have outside responsibilities.
Last I heard when I headed upstairs was someone was looking for HRH's bum. I do hope she locates it soon. It would be incredibly embarrassing if McPotions would happen to find it before she did.
OY, my head. That will teach me to stay up way past my bedtime. I am going to go lie down now. And why am I sleeping in dorm three? I thought I was suppose to be in four. OY- my head.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Six in all. Three for each side.
2. Who was portrayed in the picture that kept screaming in the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix?
Mrs. Walburga Black
3. Who was giving Hagrid all of those bruises and cuts?
HIs half-brother Grawp
4. Who left his shift early, leaving Harry open to a dementor attack?
5. What was the name of the Squib who came to Harry's side after the attack?
Mrs. Arabella Doreen Figg
6. What position was Percy promoted to that made him have a 'row' with Mr. Weasley?
Junior Assistant to the Minister
7. What secret does Hermione know about Rita Skeeter?
She's an unregistered animagus. She transforms herself into a beetle.
8. Name one person other than Sirius Black who was scratched off of the Family tree wall?
Andromeda Black Tonks
9. Who discovers the room of requirement?
In the fourth book Dumbledore said he found it full of chamber pots. In the fifth book, Harry asks Dobby if he knows of a place to meet and Dobby mentions the 'Come and Go Room' where he took to treating Winky. Though Neville was the first member of the DA to locate it.
10. Where is the first DA meeting held?
In Hogsmeade at the Hog's Head
Friday, May 16, 2008
Being a part of two families is really rough. As I am a second year here, I also am a married student with three children. My oldest child is a student here as well, though I dare not mention that because as a proud Slytherin himself, he would NOT like it known that I am here taking classes as well. But, due to his introverted nature, he was not adjusting to this way of life as well as some who have known about Hogwarts for awhile. So the Headmistress invited me to join the Slytherin house for a semester since all the inter-house unity scholarships were made available. We thought that would be a grand idea. So, along with a few fellow housemates, I changed.
Dear Mr. Crookshanks received a promotion at the end of last semester. With that privilege comes great responsibility. That responsibility forced us to move across the country. So, I packed up our things and along with the three children moved us to a temporary lodging facility to await the Ministry connecting our new home to the floo network. Unfortunately, we all know how well the Ministry works and somewhere, our paper work is sitting in a pile awaiting for someone to notice it. Until then, we are patiently making do.
Classes began on Monday for us and we are off and running. We managed to get all the kids physicals for entering in the muggle schools done on Monday. Rowena did NOT like having to get 5 shots. I do not like the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. He is crazy. I think he is being managed by the Ministry is not a good way. There is not a single reason why we should not be learning actual spells. I am wondering if Professor Umbridge morphed into this new Professor. I will continue to make notes about him to show to Professor Snape. I am seeing quite a few similarities. I may even have to reveal my notes to Dear Walden and have him look into what may be occuring at the Ministry.
Whew, just listing what occured on Monday has already wore me out. I don't know how I am going to keep this up all semester. Hopefully, I can maintain the schedule. Though not much time left for knitting. Well, maybe I can turn one hour for something so important as that.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Sign-ups close on the 9th of May. Swap will finish the 25th of July. (or thereabouts.)
Come to the Dark Side for more fun. Join the Slytherin House. or you can join one of the others if you don't think you can handle the heat. No worries, we won't think less of you.
Meet lots of people, win lots of games, and make friendships that span the miles. All from the comfort of your computer while still in your pajamas. And best of all- talk to other KNITTERS!!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
I received today a very tired owl. The poor thing didn't realize that he couldn't come in through the windows as they don't open this high up. He was very tired as he had tried several windows before finding ours. Then I had to take the elevator down to meet him outside so he could drop it. I fed him well and let him stay the night before sending him home the next day.
As soon as we were inside though I ripped into the long awaited box. In it was four skeins of Dalegarn Baby Ull. Two in a vivid red and two in a golden yellow. The most awesomest pattern one could ever hope to accomplish: Chuck's Cabled Socks. This was written by the new editor of Interweave Knits. (It's a muggle knitting magazine that has a wide range of knitting patterns. I seriously covet a subscription but haven't talked myself into yet.) They are so incredible.
Some wonderful bamboo Brittany needles to work that awesomest pattern. Some chocolate and not one, but two, sets of beautiful stick markers. There was even a stitch holder tube so I don't loose any of those precious stitches while working on it. That was incredibly thoughtful. She also included some wool wash which, while living in a hotel I totally forgot to keep out my wool wash and did not want to invest in another bottle for just a short time. This was perfect.
All I can say is THANKS!! I am very lucky to have you as a spoiler, Victoria Black. THANKS!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The Last quiz is really a doosey. So here is my attempt at it.
1. Grimmauld Place
2. Luna Lovegood
3. Delores Umbridge
7. Extendable Ears
10. Saint Mungo's
12. Skiving Snackbox
13. Room of Requirement
14. Dumbledore's Army
15. Department of Mysteries
Whew! This was rough! I hope I win. Great Job, oh-wonderful-Fabulous-Prefect, Cassandra Puddlemere!!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first?
b. Viktor Krum
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
b. Troy and Quigley
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gif of a carriage clock?
b. A Basilisk egg
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Well, yesterday, I finished and blocked my bag for the swap kit. I am so excited. I have put a lot of thought into how I wanted a bag for myself so I made one I would want to carry. I do hope my spoilee will like. Now all that is left is for me to sew up what I wanted to do and possibly add some pockets to the inside.
Therein lies the dilema. Do I add pockets? I can play this both ways. Pockets are nice for adding the ability to seperate small from large things. To have a place for everything. Yet they are also very limiting. Big pockets are no good. Why add a divider to the large space to make smaller spaces? Just carry a smaller bag. (Is it obvious yet that I have a bag fettish?) But no pockets and everything just falls to the bottom. Sometimes the abyss sucks the little things so quickly that months can go by without locating them again.
But on that happy note, really just another topic, I have found a new favorite club. The yarn of the month club from a muggle community called WEBS. Oh- they do have such loverly things at a wonderful cost. I am now totally infacuated with them.
I best be off, as I told my housemates, my wonderful Mr. Crookshanks has been promoted and that means a flurry of details to be attended too. I cannot wait for spring holiday to be able to take a breather and have a small holiday of my own. I do believe a relocation is coming up and I will have to make sure all the red tape at the Ministry is dealt with to get the new home hooked up to the floo network before we vacate.
Monday, February 18, 2008
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
a. Navy Blue
Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
World Cup Tournament
Friday, January 25, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
|Wood type: rosewood|
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Phoenix Feather