Friday, April 25, 2008

The Owl has arrived

After much ado and wait, I am proud to announce it is here. My sock kit from my spoiler.

I received today a very tired owl. The poor thing didn't realize that he couldn't come in through the windows as they don't open this high up. He was very tired as he had tried several windows before finding ours. Then I had to take the elevator down to meet him outside so he could drop it. I fed him well and let him stay the night before sending him home the next day.

As soon as we were inside though I ripped into the long awaited box. In it was four skeins of Dalegarn Baby Ull. Two in a vivid red and two in a golden yellow. The most awesomest pattern one could ever hope to accomplish: Chuck's Cabled Socks. This was written by the new editor of Interweave Knits. (It's a muggle knitting magazine that has a wide range of knitting patterns. I seriously covet a subscription but haven't talked myself into yet.) They are so incredible.
Some wonderful bamboo Brittany needles to work that awesomest pattern. Some chocolate and not one, but two, sets of beautiful stick markers. There was even a stitch holder tube so I don't loose any of those precious stitches while working on it. That was incredibly thoughtful. She also included some wool wash which, while living in a hotel I totally forgot to keep out my wool wash and did not want to invest in another bottle for just a short time. This was perfect.

All I can say is THANKS!! I am very lucky to have you as a spoiler, Victoria Black. THANKS!!

No comments: