I am married to a wonderful man, Walden Crookshanks. We have three beautiful but busy children: Petrificus, our 14 year old son, though he has now transferred to Durmstag, Emma, a 9 year old girl that currently is attending a muggle school in our neighborhood hoping for an owl from Hogwarts when she is 10, and last but not least, Rowena, our 6 year old daughter, is already learning more than she probably should from hearing me practice.
Since the whole swap thing is officially done on Friday, this means this post is the official last one. I hope Quinn sees that I did post before the 'deadline', but I guess it really doesn't matter since the rules will be changed to suit any house but Slytherin.
And since it doesn't really matter that Slytherin house has played fair and square, we know who the best house is, all along. Silver and Green!
1. This “Harry Potter” character’s first name comes from Roman mythology. The mythological character’s twin brother is named Romulus. What is the Harry Potter character last name? b. Lupin
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Latin equivalent of the Greek Goddess Athena? c. McGonagall
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual? Nicolas Flamel
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory? c. Viktor
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology? b. Patil
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal? a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts? b. The Thieves’ Downfall
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear? c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children). d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law? b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
On the way back to Hogwarts, the Crookshank family did a bit of a detour to visit some family and friends. We also did a bit of site seeing. I will try to post pictures once we are back as we are using visiting muggle contraptions called laptops.
I have heard that Ms. Suzie Weasley, of Hufflepuff, has received a package from Eion and has fed and watered him. Thank you! I do hope you have enjoyed the goodies.
I hope that when I return to my dorm that there will be a package waiting for me. I am very excited in anticipation.
I have a secret. I am at a muggle camp in Port Ludlow, Washington called Camp Knitty ha Ha. Lots of muggles are here. The location is BEE-UU-TEE-FULL!! Great food. Great company. (except I really do miss all you guys). Lots of new techniques for knitting socks.
But here is the super secret part. One of the muggle teachers has a new book coming out at the end of the summer. It will debut at another huge sock meeting but she shared it with us. It is so FANTASTIC! It totally rocks your mind and how you conceive how socks will be knit. I am SO excited for it to come out. (Not to mention, I got to help edited it a bit.)
Another of the teachers showed us how to knit as fast as magical knitting needles minus the magic. It is incredible. This technique was so inventive that I have been knitting for days, over 6 hours a day, with no wrist pain. WOW!
It has been so worth it. Plus, not to forget all the wonderful new yarns that I have won, dyed, or been given. I hope to see you all soon.
Oh- and by the way, Eion left today to deliver a package to the Weasley family. Please keep him for a week as we are off to visit the grandparents for the holiday and then send him on his way home.